UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship Apply Online | UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship Online Registration | UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship Amount | UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship Application Form |
A new scholarship has been launched by the University Grants Commission which is known as UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship. Under this scholarship, the fellows who are Postgraduate and want to pursue professional courses will be given financial services. Today, through this article, we are going to make you clear all the important information related to UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship 2023 such as the purpose of the scheme, benefits, features, eligibility, important documents, and process of application. To get all the important information related to this scheme you have to read our article till the end. We will let you know every single thing about this scheme through our article.
About UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship
This scholarship has been launched by the University Grants Commission. Through the UGC NET Junior Research Fellowship, the UGC will provide financial services to the students who are Postgraduate. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree, whether in Science, engineering, or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D. program (Ph.D. proforma Download from here) within the validity period of two years. This scholarship will be extended only for one year. During the extended period, the fellowship will, however, not be upgraded to Senior Research Fellowship. If at the end of 3rd year, the fellow is not registered for Ph.D., the fellowship will be terminated. The fellows will get an amount of Rs.28,000 through this scholarship.
Details About UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship
The details about this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name of the scholarship||UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship|
|Launched by||University Grants Commission|
|Benefits||The students will get financial services|
|Objectives||To provide monetary help to the students|
|Starting Date||2 February|
|Last Date||2 March|
Objectives Of UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship
The main objective of launching this scholarship is to provide monetary help to Postgraduate students. Under the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship, the applicants will get an amount of Rs.28,000 as financial help. The target of the JRF conspiracy is to give chances to NET-JRF qualified students to go for advanced studies and examinations prompting M.Phil./Ph.D. This exam determines the candidates’ eligibility for the award of Junior Research Fellowship. The candidates who get admitted in the M.Phil./PhD degree courses after qualifying UGC NET become eligible to receive financial assistance under this scholarship for 2 years. Interested applicants should visit the Official Website and can easily apply online under this scholarship.
The list of some important dates under the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship is as follows:-
|Starting Date||2 February|
|Last Date||2 March|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||3 March|
|Correction in Particulars of application form||5 March to 9 March|
|Downloading of admit cards||To be announced later|
|Examination Date||2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, and 17th May|
|Declaration of results on NTA website||To be announced later|
The rewards details under this scholarship are as follows:-
|Fellowship For Junior Research Fellows||Rs.12,000|
|Fellowship For Senior Research Fellows||Rs.14,000|
|Fellowship For the fellows pursuing M.Phil./PhD in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences||Rs.10,000|
|Fellowship for remaining 3 years||Rs.20,500|
|Fellowship For the fellows pursuing M.Phil./PhD in the field of Science||Rs.12,000|
|Fellowship For remaining tenure||Rs.25,009|
Terms And Conditions
The terms and conditions under UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship are as follows:-
- The candidates must submit just one application form as more than one leads to cancellation of candidature.
- The admit card for UGC NET needs to be downloaded from the official website of NTA.
- To be eligible for JRF, the candidates need to score at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers of UGC NET.
- The validity of the JRF Letter of Award is only two years after the declaration of the results.
- The applicants do not need to send any of their certificates/documents in support of their eligibility or printout of completed application form to NTA.
- Candidates who have completed their postgraduate diploma/certificate from an Indian university/institution or any foreign university/institute must make sure that their diploma/certificate is equivalent to the master’s degree of recognised Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Pattern Of Examination
The pattern of examination under the scheme is as follows:-
- The papers are divided into two parts 1 part and 2 part.
- Exams will be based on CBT.
- The 1 Paper consists of 50 Questions and the 2 papers consist of 100 Questions.
- 100 marks will be given on 1 paper and 200 marks on 2 papers.
- 1 paper is of general nature and the 2 papers depend on the subjects of the candidate.
Benefits And Features Of UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship
The benefits and features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- This scholarship has been launched by the University Grants Commission.
- Under the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship, the Postgraduate students will be given monetary help.
- The fellows will receive an amount of Rs.28,000 through this scholarship.
- Candidates are required to have obtained a master’s degree or equivalent with 55% marks.
- The upper age limit for this exam is 30 years (relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD/Female candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates).
- The target of the JRF conspiracy is to give chances to NET-JRF qualified students to go for advanced studies and examinations prompting M.Phil./Ph.D.
- If a candidate enrols for M.Phil./Ph.D. in any Indian University/College after clearing JRF then the candidate gets a monthly scholarship for 5 years from UGC which is Rs. 31,000.
- This is good financial support for candidates who wish to pursue research work without taking up any job.
- Candidates who have cleared the JRF are always given preference over the candidate who has only cleared NET.
- Interested applicants should visit the Official Website and can easily apply online.
- The applicant should have to follow the given eligibility criteria to apply for the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship.
- It is necessary for all the applicants to contain all the required documents to apply under this scholarship.
The eligibility criteria under the scheme are as follows:-
- Candidates need to qualify NET JRF. And, the eligibility conditions for appearing for NET JRF exam are as follows:
- The applicants who have obtained a master’s degree or equivalent with 55% marks are eligible for NET JRF. The candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for 5% relaxation in the marks.
- The upper age limit is 30 years for the award of JRF (NET), which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PWD/female candidates and 3 years for OBC category candidates.
The list of some important documents that are required to apply under the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship is as follows:-
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Bank account details
Apply Online Under UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship 2023
The procedure to apply under this scholarship is as follows:-
- Firstly visit the Official Website of the UGC-NET.
- Homepage will appear in front of you.
- Click on the Apply Now option.
- A new page will appear in front of you.
- Enter all the required details.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Click on the Submit option.
The contact information under this scholarship is as follows:-