Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship 2023 Apply Online & Registration Form | Benefits & Features | Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship View Amount & Last Date | Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship Registration & Login Portal | View Online Status & All Details |
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is launched for undergraduate, second undergraduate, and graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK. This Scholarship will be given to everyone without considering any caste, colour, religion, disability, age (except for maximum age criteria).
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about the OCSI 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features and important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scholarship. To get complete information about this scholarship initiative, read this article till the end.
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
The OCSI is a not-for-profit alumni organisation based in New Delhi, India. The scholarships offered by OCSI are Equal Opportunity, i.e. the decisions made in awarding these scholarships are not based on race, colour, religion, disability, age (except for maximum age criterion), or sex. Those who are relatives of Oxford and the Cambridge Society of India are not eligible for this scholarship.
The universities of Oxford and Cambridge Society of India have been accommodating the ambition for Indian students for many years. For the last few years, the prices of British universities have increased due to which the number of Indian students decreased. That’s why there is greater competition and scholarships are fewer for Indian students.
Highlights of Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
The highlights of this scholarship are given below: –
|Name of the scholarship||Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship|
|Launched by||Oxford and Cambridge University|
|Objective||To provide scholarships to Indian students|
|Benefits||Students will be able to get the scholarship amount for getting paid out their fees|
|No. of scholarship||3|
|Amount of scholarship||$5,624|
|Mode of application||Online|
Objective of Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
The main objective of OCSI is to offer scholarships to Indian students for admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India selects one scholar every year for the scholarship. OCSI is a one-time scholarship program that cannot be renewed during the duration of the course or program.
Another objective of this scholarship is to encourage students through its scholarships. Students must have graduated from a university or school in India. OCSI Scholars will use the education they gain at Cambridge or Oxford to become leaders in their field and give back to society.
Timelines of OCSI
The timelines of this Scholarship are given below: –
|Available on website||By March every year|
|Must complete application||15 May 2022|
|Last date of the interview||10 July 2022|
|Selected candidates offer scholarship||31 July 2022|
Types Of Scholarships
OCSI is providing three types of scholarship which are mentioned below: –
- OCSI K.K. Luthra Memorial Scholarship.
- OCSI Anita Banerji Memorial Scholarship
- OCSI Nirmal Luthra Memorial Scholarship
- Each of the three scholarships will be provided INR 2 lakh.
Subject Area Under OCSI
Subject or stream under this scholarship are listed below: –
- The research leads to a PhD degree.
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, BCL, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE, etc.).
- Taught and research-based Masters’ programs of various durations (including M.Sc., engineering, medicine).
- Second Bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree program.
Benefits of OCSI Scholarship
The benefits of this scholarship are given below: –
- This scholarship offers an Equal Opportunity to all applicants.
- Golden opportunity for Indian students.
- This scholarship will make their future brighter.
- The OCSI scholarships worth INR 200,000 will be given to the selected candidate.
- Candidates will receive complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India.
- Candidates will receive mentoring and guidance from a member of the OCSI.
- Candidates will receive a supporting letter. This letter helps the student in getting all kinds of assistance and support during the course under the OCSI Scholarship.
- Students taking admission at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford, are also eligible for a scholarship amount of INR 1,00,000.
Features of This Scholarship
The features of this scholarship are given below: –
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship is for the students of India.
- This scholarship is providing equal opportunity to all students.
- This scholarship is not based on caste, colour, religion, disability, or race.
- Relatives of the executive committee are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who are undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
- There are 3 scholarships under this scholarship.
- Due to the increasing cost of a British university and competition, few Indians will get a chance to avail of this scholarship.
- OCSI has been offering scholarships every year, but these are dependent on the annual generosity of a few donors.
The eligibility criteria under this scholarship are given below: –
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidate must be resident in India
- The age of the candidate will not be more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award.
- Candidates are required to present proof of admission before granting of the scholarship, and proof of having taken up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarship’s funds are released.
The documents required under this scholarship are given below: –
- Medical reports
- Passport size photographs
- Citizenship proof of India
- Valid passport
- Certificate of entire academic record
Procedure to Apply Under Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
As this scholarship has been recently launched, no such information has been received by using social networking resources. As soon as any information related to the application procedure required to apply online under the OCSI Scholarship will be launched, we will update you through this article otherwise the applicant can visit the Official Website.