Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships Apply Online | Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships Online Registration | Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships Stipend | Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships Results |
A new scholarship has been launched by the United States Indian Educational Foundation which is known as Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships. Under this scholarship, the fellows who are registered in the Ph.D. program will receive a monthly stipend and other benefits. Today, through this article, we are going to make you clear all the important information related to Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2023 such as the purpose of the scheme, benefits, features, eligibility, important documents, and process of application. To get all the important information related to this scheme you have to read our article till the end. We will let you know every single thing about this scheme through our article.
About Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
This scholarship has been launched by the United States Indian Educational Foundation. Through Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships, the Indian scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution will get financial services. The applicant will be provided a Monthly Stipend and other benefits. The Duration of this scholarship is for six to nine months. The fellowships provide J-1 visa support, a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances, and modest affiliation fees if any to the beneficiaries of this scholarship. Interested applicants should visit the Official Website of this scholarship and can easily apply online.
Details About Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
The details about this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name of the scholarship||Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships|
|Launched by||The United States Indian Educational Foundation|
|Benefits||The beneficiaries will get a monthly stipend and other benefits|
|Objectives||To provide financial services to the fellows|
|Beneficiaries||Scholars who are registered in Ph.D. Program in Indian Institutions.|
|Months||6 to 9|
Objectives Of Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
The main objective of launching this scholarship is to provide financial services to the students who are registered in the Ph.D. Program in the Indian Institutions. Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships will provide various benefits to the fellows. The Selected scholars will have the opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research, and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the U.S. Under this scholarship, no allowances are provided for dependents to the beneficiaries. The grant is not sufficient to support the family members of the fellows. These fellowships will be provided for 6 to 9 months to the beneficiaries. The applicants will receive a monthly stipend through this scholarship.
The rewards details under Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are as follows:-
- J-1 visa support
- Monthly stipend
- Accident and sickness program for exchanges as per the U.S. Government guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel, applicable allowances and modest affiliation fees, if any
- Selected scholars will have opportunities to audit non-degree courses, conduct research and gain practical work experience in suitable settings in the US
The list of some important dates under Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships is as follows:-
|Application Deadline||15 July|
|Shortlisting of candidates||Last days of September|
|USIEF notifies finalists||March-April|
|Program Starting Date||August-September|
List Of Fields
The list of fields in which applications are received is as follows:-
- Agricultural Sciences
- Anthropology Bioengineering
- Computer Science
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- International Law
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with an emphasis on environmental applications)
- Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences
- Performing Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Visual Arts and Women’s and Gender Studies
Terms And Conditions
The terms and conditions under Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships are as follows:-
- Candidates will be affiliated to one US host institution for his/her grant.
- The applicants can apply for only ONE fellowship category during a competition cycle.
- Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Extensions and transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
Benefits And Features of Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships
The benefits and features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- This scholarship has been launched by the United States Indian Educational Foundation.
- The Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships are designed for Indian scholars.
- The scholars who are registered for a Ph.D. at an Indian institution will take the advantage of this scholarship.
- These fellowships are for six to nine months.
- Under Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships, the applicant will be affiliated to one U.S. host institution for his/her grant.
- The selected candidates of fellowship will be provided with a monthly stipend and provide J-1 visa support.
- It is necessary for all the candidates to contain all the required documents to apply under this scholarship.
- The applicant must complete the given eligibility criteria to take the advantage of this Fellowship.
- Interested applicants should visit the Official Website and can easily apply online.
- The Applicant must be registered for Ph.D. at an Indian institution on or before November 2.
- This grant is intended for Ph.D. students to conduct research essential to their dissertations/thesis.
- The applicant can download the FNDR Employer’s Endorsement Form from the USIEF website.
The eligibility criteria under Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships are as follows:-
- Candidates should have done adequate research in the relevant field, especially in the identification of resources in India and the U.S.
- The applicant must have registered for his/her PhD at an Indian institution on or before September 1, 2019
- It is necessary to upload a published/presented paper or extracts from the Master’s/MPhil thesis in the online application form
The list of some important documents that are required to apply under the Fellowships is as follows:-
- Academic degree and mark sheets
- Language test scores
- Letter of invitation
- FNDR annexure form
- FNDR endorsement form
- PhD registration certificate
- Writing sample of Master’s/MPhil thesis, article or publication
Apply Online Under Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships 2023
The procedure to apply under this scholarship is as follows:-
- Firstly visit the Official Website of The Power Of International Education.
- Homepage will appear in front of you.
- Enter the required details.
- Click on the Continue option.
- You will receive a PIN by email.
- Enter that PIN.
- Click on the Proceed option.
- Now Create a Password.
- Click on the Login option.
- A new page will appear in front of you.
- Enter all the required details.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Click on the Submit option.
The contact information under this scholarship is as follows:-
- United States-India Educational Foundation
- 12 Hailey Road
- New Delhi 110 001
- E-mail: [email protected]