ONGC Scholarship Apply Online | ONGC Scholarship Application Form | ONGC Scholarship Selected List | ONGC Scholarship Amount |
In order to provide a monetary benefit to the student belonging to EWS SC ST and OBC student, oil and natural gas Corporation limited has launched a new scholarship known as ONGC Scholarship. Under this scheme, the scholarship will be provided to around 2,000 selected candidates to continue their higher education. The applicants who want to get more information about the ONGC Scholarship 2023 such as eligibility criteria amount types of scholarship, and important documents will have to read the article carefully. We will also share with you all the basic application procedures to apply under this scholarship.
About ONGC Scholarship
The oil and natural gas corporation limited foundation has created a new scholarship in order to provide educational opportunities to the economically weaker section people. This scholarship is available for all the students who belong to OBC SC and ST categories. With the help of the ONGC Scholarship, the students who are pursuing professional degree courses will be able to continue their education. The student will be provided with the financial aid of Rs. 48,000 each year. The scholarship under this scholarship will be provided to around 2,000 candidates. Out of the total candidates, 500 are from the economically weaker general category, 500 students belong from the OBC category and the rest will belong from SC or St category.
Details About ONGC Scholarship Scheme
Here are some details about this scholarship:-
|Name of the scheme||ONGC Scholarship|
|Launched by||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Foundation|
|Objectives||To provide benefits to the students|
|No. Of zones||5|
|No. Of scholarship||2000|
|Official website||Click Here|
Objectives Of ONGC Scholarship
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide financial services to the students who are pursuing Higher Degree Courses. As everyone knows that our country India is a developing country in our country many people are unemployed. So they do not have enough funds to educate their child. The government ran as many schemes as they could to help the children in their studies. Like this the oil and natural gas corporation, the limited foundation has also launched a new scholarship called ONGC Scholarship. This scholarship is for the students who belong to economically weaker sections of society. The category will be SC ST OBC and general students. Interested applicants should go to the website and have a look at the features of the scholarship.
Selection Of Scholar
Here is the list of selections under this scholarship:-
- The Applicants will be selected by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- The selection will be made on the basis of aggregate examination
- The examinations are prescribed for all courses
- Students from below poverty line (BPL) families will get preference.
Zone Wise Distribution Detail
Here are Zone wise distribution details:-
|No. of Scholarships & Zone||Zone -1 (North)||Zone -2 (West)||Zone -3 (North East)||Zone -4 (East)||Zone -5 (South)|
|Economically weaker General Category||100||100||100||100||100|
|SC/ ST category||200||200||200||200||200|
Zone Wise States
Here is a list of States under ONGC scholarship:-
|Zone -1 (North)||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zone -2 (West)||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Zone -3 (North East)||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura|
|Zone -4 (East)||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal|
|Zone -5 (South)||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
Terms And Conditions Of ONGC Scholarship Scheme
Here are given the terms and conditions under this scholarship:-
- The 50% of the amount will be saved for the girls
- The amount will be directly deposited in the bank account of the applicant
- The scholarship amount will be provided per year
- The scholarship will be continued till the completion of the course that the applicant is pursuing
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The scholarship will be discounted on the failure of the applicant
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after awarding of ONGC scholarship, he/she has to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source. However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is for full time regular courses only
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
Benefits And Features Of ONGC Scholarship
Here is a list of benefits and features of this scholarship:-
- This scholarship is for the welfare of a country
- ONGC Scholarship is launched by oil and natural gas corporation limited foundation
- Financial assistance will be provided under this scheme
- The government will provide an amount of Rs.48000 per annum
- The students will take the advantage of the scholarship till the completion of the courses they are pursuing
- This scholarship will increase the literacy rate in our country
- With the help of this scholarship the country will get a bright future
- This scholarship will help the students to pursue the type of course which they desire
- ONGC Scholarship is very useful for those students who are interested in studies but their financial conditions stops them from studying
- With the help of this scholarship any student can pursue higher degree courses easily
- This scholarship is for the students who belongs to ST/SC/OBC/General category
- The applicant should have to complete all the procedures to apply under this scheme.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria Of ONGC Scholarship:-
|Age||Not more than 30 years|
|Education||1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA from AICTE/ MCI/ UGC/ Association of Indian Universities/ State Education Boards/ State Government/ Central Government|
|Family Income||Family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum (4.5 lakh per annum for SC/ ST category)|
|Percentile||60% or more in 12th standard|
Other Eligibility Conditions Of ONGC Scholarship
Here are given some other Eligibility Criteria Of this scholarship:-
- The applicant must not apply for the ONGC scholarship before for any of the course
- Applicant must study for Regular full-time course to apply for the scholarship
- Applicant must not avail any other scholarship
- Applicants have to apply for that respective zone location where the institute/ college/ university is located
Here is a list of some important documents that are required for applying under the ONGC Scholarship:-
- Birth Certificate/ Class 10 Mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet in case of Engineering/ MBBS students.
- Consolidated Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Masters in Geology/Geophysics students.
- Annual income certificate of the family.
- Bank details attested by the bank.
- PAN card
- Caste certificate
Apply Online for ONGC Scholarship 2023
The interested applicants who want to apply under this scholarship should have to follow the procedure:-
- First visit the Official Website of ONGC Foundation Scholar Portal
- A home page will appear in front of you
- Click on the Apply Scholarship option
- Now click “ONGC Scholarship for OBC Category UG- 2019-2020” or “ONGC Scholarship for OBC Category PG- 2019-2020” or “ONGC Scholarship for General Category UG- 2019-2020” or “ONGC Scholarship for General Category PG- 2019-2020” or “ONGC Scholarship for Meritorious SC/ ST category”
- Read the instructions carefully
- Click on apply option to fill the application form
- Enter your required details
- Attach all the required documents
- Click on the submit option
- Take a printout of the form for future use
- Submit the hardcopy of the application form along with the document to the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in the Application Format.
Apply Offline Under ONGC Scholarship Scheme
Here is a procedure for the applicants who want to apply offline:-
- First of all, Download the Application Form from the official website (pdf )
- Now take a printout of the form
- Fill the form carefully with required details
- Affix a passport size photograph on the form
- Attach all the required documents
- Enclose it in an envelope and submit it to “Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Green Hills Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248 003”.
The helpline number under this scholarship is as follows:-
- 011-26753125; 011-26753132
- (Monday to Friday – 10:00AM to 6PM)
- [email protected]