West Bengal Scholarship Online Apply | WB Scholarship Portal | West Bengal Scholarship Status Check | West Bengal Scholarship For College Student |
In order to provide incentives to the different categories of students of West Bengal, the government of the state has launched a new scholarship which is known as WB Scholarship. Under this scholarship, financial assistance will be provided to the students who are unable to pay their fees. The applicants who want to grab more information about the West Bengal Scholarship 2023 such as objectives, eligibility criteria, amount, types of scholarship, and important documents will have to read our article carefully. We will also share with you all the basic application procedures to apply under this scholarship.
About West Bengal Scholarship 2023
The Government of WB has launched a scholarship which is named as West Bengal Scholarship. The Government has offered different types of scholarships to the minorities of the state. With the help of this scholarship, the children of our country will be able to get away from many problems and will be able to complete their studies without any financial difficulty. This scholarship is for those children who are unable to complete their studies because of their financial conditions. The financial fund that will be provided under this Scholarship will help them to continue their education. The interested applicants should visit the official website and can easily apply online.
Details About West Bengal Scholarship
The details about this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name of the scholarship||West Bengal Scholarship|
|Launched by||The Government of West|
|Launched in||West Bengal|
|Benefits||The students will get financial services|
|Objectives||To provide monetary help to the students|
|Beneficiaries||Students of the state|
|Types of scholarship||Variable|
Objectives Of West Bengal Scholarship
The main objective of launching this scholarship is to provide financial services to the students who are not able to pay the higher fees of their schools and colleges. WB Scholarship is especially for those students who do not have enough points to continue their education. It will help the students of the country to make the future better for tomorrow. If you are financially weak and searching for the opportunity to continue your higher education then this is the best option for you. Through this scholarship, the dropout rain in our country will decrease. The literacy ratio in our country will also increase with the help of this scholarship. The students who are living in WB can take the advantage of this scholarship.
List Of Scholarships
The list of scholarship under this scheme is as follows:-
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities
This scholarship benefits students of Class – XI and XII, and at underGraduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses. The scholarships are sanctioned to deserving students on merit-cum-means criteria.
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship 2023 is an initiative to encourage girls to study further after completing their class 12 in the WB state. This Scholarship is given to girls who want to learn higher after their 12th but do not have sufficient funds to carry on their higher studies. Girls studying in any of the boards and any of the streams, be it Basic Medicine/Science/Non-medical in West Bengal, can apply under this scholarship. The Scholarship will be awarded by Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) of Kolkata.
Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC
Students enrolled in post-matric programs which include class 11th, 12th, UG programs, PG programs, M.Phil and P.hD programs can avail of this scholarship. This scholarship has been provided by the Backward Classes Welfare Department.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students
The government of WB invites applications for Pre-Matric Scholarship to SC Students, WB 2021-22 from students of Class 9 and 10. The objective of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the SC students studying in Class 9 and 10 to minimize the incidence of dropout.
Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal invites students to apply for Hindi Scholarship 2021-22. The scholarship aims to promote Hindi education in non-Hindi-speaking states such as WB. The Scholarship is meant for students who are studying at higher secondary, graduation, post-graduation, and research.
Selection Procedure Under WB Scholarship
The selection procedure under this scholarship is as follows:-
- The applications will be received online through a portal designed for this purpose. The applications will be verified by the Nodal Teachers of the respective School.
- The selection will be made as per the eligibility criteria and the disbursement will be made through Direct Bank Transfer.
Some Terms Under West Bengal Scholarship
The terms under this scholarship are as follows:-
- The candidates must be regular in attendance, for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
- The State Government can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his / her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered.
- The course / tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The candidate should submit an income certificate at the time of admission.
- For ‘renewal’ applicants, the continuance of scholarship will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year examination.
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
The rewards details under this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name of the scholarship||Rewards Details|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, WB||The beneficiaries will get financial assistance of up to INR 8000 per month depending on the course.|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti WB||The beneficiaries will get a sum of INR 3000 per month. In addition to this, the scholarship also comprises an annual book grant of INR 2000.|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||The beneficiaries will get an amount starting from INR 160 to INR 1200.|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||The beneficiaries will get INR 150 per month to INR 750 per month. Also, the selected scholars will get an additional Adhoc grant of up to INR 1000 per annum.|
|Hindi Scholarship, WB||The students will get a chance to win variable awards starting from Rs. 300 to Rs.1000 per month.|
Application Period Under West Bengal Scholarship
The application period under this scholarship is as follows:-
|Scholarship Name||Application Period|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||September to March|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||May to July|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||September to November|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||September to November|
|Hindi Scholarship, West Bengal||October to December|
Benefits And Features Of WB Scholarship
The benefits and features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- This scholarship has been launched by the Government of WB
- With the help of this scholarship, educational opportunities will be provided to the Student Of the state.
- The students will be able to continue their education without worrying about any financial hurdles.
- With the help of West Bengal Scholarship students of the country will be able to stand on their own feet by getting a better future.
- Interested applicants should visit the official website and can easily apply online.
- It will help the student to focus on their role as the student will be free from all kinds of financial burdens.
- This scholarship will help the student to create their future better for tomorrow.
- Many types of scholarships are available under the West Bengal Scholarship.
- This scholarship will help the students of the state to pursue higher education of their choice.
- The applicant should have completed the given eligibility criteria to apply under this scholarship.
- If you belong to a weaker section of the society, this scholarship is waiting for you.
- The applicant can only apply under this scholarship, if he or she is living in WB.
The eligibility criteria under West Bengal Scholarship is as follows:-
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, WB||The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal. The applicant must have scored 75% marks in class 10 or 12 examinations. Those applicants who are studying at PG level must have scored 53% marks in graduation.|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, WB||Only girls can apply for this scholarship. The applicant must be pursuing Engineering, Medicine, or Basic Science. The applicant must have passed class 12.|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||The applicant must be studying in class 11th and 12th. The annual income of the family should not be more than 2 lakh. The applicant must belong to the SC ST OBC category.|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||The applicant must be studying in class 9 or 10. The annual income of the family should not be more than 2 lakh. The applicant must belong to the SC ST OBC category. The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, WB||Applicants must be a citizen of West Bengal. Applicants must belong to Hindi-speaking states. The applicant must be pursuing Madhyamika, higher secondary, graduation, PG, or any equivalent degree course. The applicant must have scored 60% marks in the previous examination.|
The list of some important documents that are required to apply under the WB Scholarship is as follows:-
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
Apply Online Under West Bengal Scholarship
The application procedures under this scholarship are as follows:-
|Scholarship Name||Application Procedure|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, WB||The applicants can easily apply online through West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation’s online portal for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, WB||The applicants can easily Apply through JBNSTS, Kolkata|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||The applicant can apply online through the OASIS scholarship portal|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||The applicant can apply online through the OASIS scholarship portal|
|Hindi Scholarship, WB||The applicant can Apply offline through -Scholarship & Stipend Section of Education, Directorate, West Bengal, Bikash Bhaban, North Block, 9tn Floor, Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700091|