SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Apply Online | SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Application Form | SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Eligibility | SERB Ramanujan Fellowship Amount |
A new scholarship has been launched by the Department of Science and Engineering Research Board which is known as the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship. Under this scholarship, the fellows will get a Monthly Fellowship and financial services for other expenses. Today, through this article, we are going to make you clear all the important information related to SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023 such as the purpose of the scheme, benefits, features, eligibility, important documents, and process of application. To get all the important information related to this scheme you have to read our article till the end. We will let you know every single thing about this scheme through our article.
About SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
This scholarship has been launched by the Department of Science And Engineering Research Board. Under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship, the benefits will be provided to the Scientists and Engineers. The fellows will get Monthly Fellowship and financial help for Travel Expenses and Overhead Charges through this scholarship. In the case of existing fellows, the increase in fellowship amount will apply only to candidates who are currently receiving the fellowship. The window for receiving nominations is open throughout the year. The candidate will get an amount of Rs.1,35,000 as a monthly Fellowship. This scholarship will also provide an amount of Rs.7 Lakh and also an Overhead Charge of Rs.60,000 per annum.
Details About SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The details about this scholarship are as follows:-
|Name of the Scholarship||SERB Ramanujan Fellowship|
|Launched by||Department of Science And Engineering Research Board|
|Benefits||The fellows will get monthly Fellowship|
|Objectives||To provide monetary help to the fellows|
|Beneficiaries||Scientists And Engineers|
|Expenses||Rs. 7 Lakh|
Objectives Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The main objective of launching this scholarship is to provide monetary help to scientists and engineers. Through SERB Ramanujan Fellowship, the fellows will get many benefits. The amount received under this fellowship is also taxable as per the income tax rules. This Fellowship is very selective and scientist-specific in terms of selection criteria. Scientists have the opportunity to work in any of the scientific institutions and universities in the country. Interested applicants should visit the Official Website and can easily apply online under this scholarship. This Fellowship is meant for brilliant Indian scientists and engineers from all over the world to take up scientific positions in India and who want to return to India from abroad.
The rewards details under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship are as follows:-
|Monthly Consolidate including HRA||Rs.1,35,000|
|Other Expenses||Rs.7 Lakh|
The selection procedure under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship is as follows:-
- Candidates have to submit their nomination after selecting the institute of fellowship of their choice.
- Selection of the applicants for this fellowship programme will be made periodically by an empowered Search- cum-Selection Committee.
Terms And Conditions
The terms and conditions under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship are as follows:-
- The fellowship will be for five years, and can not be extended.
- The scientists can choose to work at any S&T Institution including University Departments or other Academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India, provided the Institution at which they wish to pursue research is willing to provide the necessary administrative and R&D basic infrastructural support to facilitate research
- This fellowship is meant for working in new areas and laboratories in order to expand their research capabilities, other than the one, where the candidate has obtained his/her doctorate degree. Nominations from PhD guides of the candidate and nominations from the same institute where they opted their PhD, will not be considered.
- Proposed area of research and a brief outline of the proposal of Nominee should be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 5 pages.
Benefits And Features Of SERB Ramanujan Fellowship
The benefits and features of this scholarship are as follows:-
- This scholarship has been launched by the Department of Science And Engineering Research Board.
- Under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship, all those Indian scientists and engineers will be benefited who are working abroad currently.
- The Fellowship is only for those scientists who are not holding any permanent/tenure track/contractual position in any Indian Institute/University.
- The duration of the fellowship will be for five years, and not extendable.
- The amount of the Fellowship will be Rs. 1,35,000/- per month (consolidated including HRA).
- The scientists can choose to work at any S&T Institution including University Departments or other Academic Institutions and National Laboratories in India.
- Individual Scientists and Technologists should approach the Institutions of his/her choice for hosting them for the fellowship and forwarding their nominations to SERB for the fellowship.
- The fellows should work in any of the scientific universities or institutions in the country including departments or other academic institutions and national laboratories.
- Interested applicants should visit the Official Website and can easily apply online.
- It is necessary for all the applicants to contain all the required documents to take advantage of this scholarship.
- The applicant must complete the given eligibility criteria to apply under this scholarship.
- The progress of the Ramanujan fellows will be reviewed by a specially constituted subject area/discipline wise committee constituted by SERB.
The eligibility criteria under this fellowship are as follows:-
- Candidates must hold Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Masters in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc.
- The applicant must have adequate professional experience.
- The age of the applicant must not more than 40 years
- Candidates must have a proven/outstanding track-record as evident from their research publications and recognitions.
- Applicants should not hold any permanent/tenure track/contractual position in any Indian Institute/University.
- Interested applicant must be working abroad at the time of nomination.
The list of some important documents that are required to apply under the SERB Ramanujan Fellowship is as follows:-
- Nomination Letter (On letterhead, duly signed and stamped)
- CV of Nominee
- Plagiarism undertaking by the Principal Investigator
Apply Online Under SERB Ramanujan Fellowship 2023
The procedure to apply under this scholarship is as follows:-
- Firstly visit the Official Website of the Science And Engineering Research Board.
- Homepage will appear in front of you.
- Click on the Awards And Fellowship option.
- Select Ramanujan Fellowship option.
- Click on the Apply Online option.
- A new page will appear in front of you.
- Enter all the required details.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Click on the Submit option.
- You will receive an OTP.
- Enter that OTP.
- Click on the Submit option.
The contact information under this scholarship is as follows:-
- Science and Engineering Research Board 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall,Plot No. A, Community Centre, Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj New Delhi-110070 Tel: +91-11-40000304Email: [email protected]